We all like to think that a burglary is something that happens to others, but take a look at the rise in domestic break-ins and you will realise how frequent house break-ins are. If you are unsure about your home security, here are a few ways that you can minimise the risk of becoming a victim of a burglary.
- Video Surveillance – CCTV is certainly a deterrent, as all criminals know that recorded footage can be used as evidence in court, and with a few well-placed cameras with night vision, your perimeters are being monitored 24/7. The system would automatically erase the oldest data, to allow for continued recording and storage, and with an Internet connection, you can view your home at any time and from any location.
- Security Screens – If you are an Australian homeowner, bespoke Mandurah security screens are the perfect solution. Obviously, your windows and door are entry points, and with the latest generation of security screens, your home is secure and you don’t have to compromise on aesthetics. Stainless-steel mesh offers great protection and you do not lose visibility, and with sliding and hinged solutions, you can protect all of your windows and doors, and the range of colours and other options make for interesting choices.
- Motion Sensor Lighting – This is an inexpensive way to deter night time would-be intruders, as the lights automatically come on when movement is detected, plus they can be adjusted so that your pets won’t trigger the lighting. A would-be thief would not take the chance if a light suddenly came on, which is one effective strategy to deter intruders.
- Property Fencing – It is important to have fencing around your land perimeter that is both sturdy and effective at deterring unwanted visitors. Most homeowners manage to achieve a balance between security and eye-appeal, with either timber or a composite material, and local fencing companies have quite a range of solutions for the homeowner.
- Keyless Access Control Systems – Digital locking devices are becoming more and more popular, as they negate the need for bulky keys, which can easily be misplaced. You can have a password system, or even go biometric with a fingerprint scanning device.
- Security Alarms – Of course, there is a wide range of options with alarm systems; some you can zone off, which allows freedom of movement in specific parts of the home, and these state-of-the-art systems are easy to configure, and once armed, you know your home is secure. If you would like to explore the potential that a security alarm offers, search online for a home security expert who would be happy to design a system for your property.
Home security should be something that every property owner considers, and should your home need some extra security, all of the above are effective ways of deterring thieves. Many homes can be seen in Mandurah that have security screens, which is probably the best deterrent there is, and if you would like a quote to have your home protected, a Google search is all it takes to source a respected company.