Contemporary homeowners are always open to new interior ideas. If you are planning to revamp the flooring of your house, you might want to consider hardwoods as one of the foremost choices. Despite all those PVC carpets and other synthetic variants flooding the market, people still love the natural look of timber flooring. In this post, we give you five reasons to choose hardwood flooring for your home.
- Because you like it natural. Think of shades, woods and finishes, and you have endless choices in hardwood flooring. Visit a reliable wood flooring specialist, and they can suggest options like mahogany, oak, cherry, walnut and more. The natural look and aesthetic appeal of the wooden floor are hard to beat.
- Because regular cleaning is easy. If you thought cleaning tiled floors is easy, think again. Wooden floors are easy to maintain, and with available cleaners, the job the can be done in few minutes. As compared to carpeted floors, there are no additional concerns related to dust either.
- Because this is a better choice. Critics argue that wood is a depleting resource, but producing wood is much cleaner than steel and other options. In a way, you are making a better choice, also because wooden flooring makes your home more energy efficient, by adding an extra layer of insulation.
- Because you can revamp when you want. If you are bored of the wooden floors, you can always choose to go for a faux finish or can even choose stain the floors. Basically, revamping your home doesn’t have to be an expensive affair once the wooden floors are installed.
- Because you get back your investment. Homes with wooden flooring are always in demand. In fact, most buyers like homes with such flooring, and if you are concerned about the initial investment, you can be assured of getting your money back.
Finally, let’s add the fact that wood is a renewable resource, and if maintained well, you don’t have to worry about replacement for at least three to four decades, depending on the wood chosen. Just make sure that you get an estimate in advance, and don’t shy away from asking questions to the seller about the finishes and options. You can also check samples of finishes to understand what may work best for your interiors. Revamp your home with hardwood floors this season and create an instant impression.